Sunday, January 21, 2018

Coyote Sighting!




Cats have keen eyesight. Sometimes, when one of mine sits intently looking out a window, I can see what it's seeing. But more often, I can't. In addition to wind-driven leaves and blades of prairie grass, my yard - especially the backyard - is their very own Animal Planet full of birds, bunnies, squirrels, woles, possums and racoons every day. Deer and wild turkeys run through several times a week on their way to the creek.

Yesterday, it was a coyote. At 8:30 in the morning! Neither my husband nor I had a camera handy to catch it dashing through the back yard headed across the street to Underwood Creek. We were just happy Stu was safely inside, watching from the comfort of a kitchen chair - not running for cover up a tree. The other cats, sleeping peacefully, missed all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment